ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
Email Kurt with any questions about the CF Kids program:
CrossFit Kids (Ages 5-12)
Call For times (203) 239-0268
STARTING CROSSFIT KIDS
CrossFit Kids is created as a tool for parents, teachers and Coaches to use with their kids.
We expect that kids will look at the site, be excited and motivated by the videos and pictures,
but that a parent, teacher or Coach will be helping to monitor and guide them through the workouts.
North Haven CrossFit Kids Rules
1. CFkid’s first goal is to have fun through movement and play.
2. CFkid’s are to sit patiently and wait until wod begins No child is allowed on equipment at any time especially during parent’s wod times. After CrossFit kids wod is finished please gather your kids and for safety do not allow them to play on the eqipment.
3. CFkid’s are to adhere to North Haven CrossFit safety rules as dictated by trainers.
4. CFkid’s are to use encouraging words towards self and others.
5. Once CFkid’s are in the trainer’s care CFparents are to watch. We ask that you don’t talk to or cheer on your child specifically or come onto the mat unless asked by a trainer to assist with your child. When cheering please cheer in a general manner (Way to go, keep up the good work, good form, awesome job)
6. CFkid’s are asked to not chew gum during wod time
7. CFkid’s are asked to wear appropriate athletic attire (shoes, socks, t-shirts, workout shorts or pants, no jewelry.)
8. Profanity will not be tolerated.
9. CFkid’s are not allowed on mats or into the gym until asked by a trainer. The benches in the front of the gym or the kids room in the back the are acceptable places for the CFkid’s to wait.
10. Each week each CFkid’s participant should come prepared with an item of homework that he or she is working on in school. At the end of some wod’s we will have a ten minute homework session. It has been proven that when we get kids to move it improves brain function by stimulating hemisphere connectivity. Physical exercise that can make you smart!
CrossFit Kids is not simply a scaled down version of CrossFit, it is entirely absolutely geared and designed for a special population and the specific developmental needs of that population. (Neurological, cognitive, motor)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR CHILD’S HEALTH:
CrossFitKids and North Haven CrossFit services are not a substitute for professional medical advice or a medical examination.
Prior to participating in any program, activity, or exercise you should seek the advice of your physician and other qualified health-care professionals.
You understand that these exercises can be strenuous and should be done in moderation.
There is an inherent risk in any exercise that, while providing some health benefits, can also cause unknown health issues.
You understand that there are weights, balls, bars, mats, chairs, and many other items commonly associated with a gymnasium that can be left around by any person associated with CrossFitKids and North Haven CrossFit.
It is every person’s responsibility to anticipate these items being left in places where they can cause injury.
Application or reliance on the techniques, advice, ideas, and suggestions of any person associated with CrossFitKids and North Haven CrossFit are at the sole discretion and risk of the participant and his/her parent and guardian.
You agree, by participating in any program associated with CrossFitKids and North Haven CrossFit, that CrossFitKids and North Haven CrossFit shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, or exemplary damages for any injury or harm to you or your child incurred in or around the property where exercise occurs.